Friday 19 June 2009

I Walk The Line

So do I have a decision to make now that award winning blogging legend NightJack has been outed by The Times? I feel more than sorry for him as he has shown himself to be a good man and I still can’t see that he’s done anything wrong, except perhaps putting some trust in others. Luckily I trust nobody not even my mum.

I’m more concerned about the matter of discipline and the written warning he has received. All he’s done is tell the truth as he sees it, and in a brilliant way. If there is a conflict with his job then it could have been dealt with through informal management and a verbal bollocking. I know that he will receive the full support from his colleagues, and even senior officers would agree with much written in his blog.

What did The Times get out of it? It’s hardly a copper shocker story and just puts Jack into the limelight where he doesn’t choose to be. That blog probably had more positive interactions with the silent majority in this country, because he was tuned into what is happening and what they feel. Customer Focused but not on message. I fear the hand of others, strange game politics.

Jack I will miss your blog and some part of me would love to see you on Question Time sticking it to them, but that’s not what you’re about. You are just a normal bloke trying to protect the victims from the bad guy's. Good Luck to you and also MetCountyMounty who’s decided to call it a day.

My blog is a personal thing on my stress journey. Some can relate to that and most police bloggers if they’re honest know what I’m talking about. They are just a reaction to the frustrations of policing and life in general. It’s actually rather simple crime and order, lock up the bad people for doing the bad stuff and crime falls, life is better, everybody is happy.

I walk the line every day at work like thousands of others, making snap decisions that get pored over and criticised afterwards by those who would probably dither if they were in the same situation. I’m a good person trying my best and I can’t win the war against crime, but I’m fighting my own personal battles. Once I’ve won those this blog will cease and I’ll fight everything else from within the organisation as a leader.

If you have an inkling who I am from any posts keep schtum. If I’m going to be outed in a copper shocker expose I want it to be for being over the side with Cheryl Cole. Of course if Ashley wins his privacy case I’ll be in the clear. I will therefore continue as I believe I comply with my force policy on blogging, cases having been in public domain already. If anybody from complaints disagrees give me a steer.

I like to think I look good in black just like Johnny …

No comments:

Post a Comment